Analyze your data
The Secure Computing Platform offers two options to analyze Level 4 data, depending on the requirements of the research project.
Choosing the right service to analyze your data
Researchers that need to rapidly process small datasets using standard applications (e.g. SAS/SPSS/R/Matlab) can request and gain access to a virtual machine instance in less than 10 minutes using the DAT (Data Analysis Tools) service.
A project that needs to perform a data-intensive analysis on a large dataset should use MARC (Medical Advanced Research Computing).
The information below highlights the specifications of the two services available to analyze your Level 4 data and can be used to define which service is the most appropriate for your project.
Data Analysis Tools (DAT)
- Platform: Windows virtual machines
- Graphical user interface: Yes
- Software workflow: Persistent
- Inbound/outbound internet connections: Yes
- CPUs: Up to 4 vCPUs
- RAM: Up to 16 GB
- GPU nodes: No
- Storage: Data written/stored back in SCDS
Medical Advanced Research Computing (MARC)
- Platform: Linux HPC clusters
- Graphical user interface: No
- Software workflow: Batch oriented
- Inbound/outbound internet connections: No
- CPUs: Up to 80 CPUs
- RAM: Up to 3 TB
- GPU nodes: 2 Nvidia v100 GPU Nodes
- Storage: Flexible upon request (as per project requirements)